In April 2018, we chose to create our project in the old Peoples College in Skælskør, because
- The place won our hearts
- The nature & the beach
- The quiet location at the end of a dead end street
- 6,000 sqm buildings for homes, common areas, businesses and activities.
- The neighbouring plot is ideal for building our blue-green peoples college.
- The buildings have soul and are worthy of preservation.
- Skælskør’s citizens have proved to be committed, open-minded and supportive.
- Symbolism: The same kind of energy and effort is needed to heal the man-made destruction on the rest of the globe.
Currently we and many local citizens and organizations, who has objected to the present plans of the municipality are eagerly waiting for the municipality to decide to support us. In case that happens
- The old buildings will become an eco-village (a cooperative housing project with a large common area and premises for rent for ecopreneurships and green projects), which will be build in 4 phases over a period of 2-4 years.
- We will start seeking funding for the economically independent Peoples College, which will be build on the adjacent property.
- We will create an establishment company which will function as an overall structure holder of how our missions will be executed and organized.
- Our core-group will continue to expand and stabilize through regular meetings, online and physical, training in sociocracy and other skills we need. We already now have enough committed people to fill up Phase 1, although some of them prefer living areas in the later phases.